(HealthDay News) -- From certain paints to some detergents, common household items can contain toxic chemicals, says the Cleveland Clinic.
To protect yourself from household chemicals, Cleveland Clinic urges:
- When working with oven cleaners, wear an apron, gloves and goggles.
- Ensure that the area you're using chemicals in is well-ventilated.
- Wear latex dishwashing gloves when using antibacterial cleaners.
- Wash your hands immediately if you get chemicals on your skin.
- Opt for non-toxic cleaners, if possible.
This article: Copyright © 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.