(HealthDay News) -- Nothing can ruin a summer vacation faster than an unexpected trip to the hospital.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration offers these suggestions for a healthier vacation:
- Avoid tanning or spending too much time in the sun.
- Check your medications before you leave to make sure you have enough.
- Never pack medication in checked luggage.
- If you wear contacts, always use clean hands when putting them in. Travel with a spare pair, just in case.
- Avoid tattoo parlors, particularly while in other countries that probably have different safety standards.
- Drink enough clean water and eat healthy foods.
This article: Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.