Not Allowed To Contact My Boyfriend
I have been by myself for seven long years after a former twelve year relationship finally ended. After my partner left however we did see each other for about 15 months. In that time we had no physical relationship but enjoyed each others company for dinner, movie etc. Finally we moved on and I have been alone since. Amazingly I met a man and of course was smitten straight away and after a short period began a physical relationship, however very early in the relationship he was tested for cancer and found to have a malignant growth in his back, he was operated on, and treated and I have not heard another word. I did get one phone call after the operation and before the treatment to say not to contact him, he would contact me, he was about to face an intense course of therapy but did not want to lose our friendship but did not want to be in contact either. Should I give up hope now or do you think there is a chance that he does intend to contact me in the future. I would like to know how he is good or bad.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.