hard decisionWed, Aug 15th 2007
Dr. Scrwartz i just recently broke up with my girl friend of a year. it has been a pretty unstable realationship an has just deteriated. When i told her it was over she threated to kill her self an would just start screaming. Due to fear i agreed to get back with her an she continues to do the same old things that caused me to leave her, this time around she no longer lives with me an is now threating ti kill her self again. she doesnt see what she is doin an will not accept the ntion that hse needs help. we are only 18 an she comes from a very rocky backround her dad disowned her because of her stepmoms brainwashing, her mom is a total bum an lives in montana off of her boyfriend. I am basicly all she has an no longer wish to be with her like that. i would love to help her but if im not with her she will kill her self or so she says. i want so bad to have her commited but seein as she has no insurance or my self it cant not happen. support groups would be nice but she wont go claiming that she doesnt need that. that all she needs is me. im honestly afraid of the girl at this point. what can i do to help her?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.