Why Can't I Get Over It?
I have been married for 24 years. Three years ago my husband's ex-girlfriend befriended him on facebook and then asked him to keep the liaison secret, which he did. I found out a month after their involvement. She befriended him under the pretext that his nieces had visited and that she thought he would be interested in the pictures. She "poked" him twice when he did not respond. I later found a picture of her on his computer that he had kept from the picture of his nieces and none kept of his nieces. We have reconciled our relationship but I can't let the liaison go and I think it is because his feelings for her are unresolved, although he states that he hates her for what she has done to us and our sons.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.