Should I Seek Help?Sun, Dec 6th 2009
I am a stay-at-home mom with two toddlers. Most of the time I feel fine, but lately I feel like something in my head is not quite right. I get very angry with the older child for not being quiet enough to let her sister sleep. I have fatigue that I can not shake. I feel that the days I really let my anger go, that i'm just really tired. i know this is no excuse to talk the way i do to my older child or act out the way I have been, but it's the only logical explanation that I can see. I feel alone and trapped even though I have support from my family. I don't feel that I am receiving the help i need when people are helping. I'm confused by my anger because I am in a good spot in my life.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.